Dear Blog Readers,
For the moment I am taking my poetry quest to 200 off line. It is still happening but just not on my blog.
Whilst I am offline I am not just working on my poetry quest but many, many things
- Preparation for upcoming panels (especially the Queensland Poetry Festival!)
- A trip to bookshops in Melbourne at the end of the year
- Ideas for more panels on various topics dear to my heart for the public
- Preparation for an exhibition/ mini festival in October
- Poetry books exploring themes of environment, parenting, motherhood, art, music, drawn from ten years of blogging and new material
- Chapter books for 8-10 (Series concept)
- Picture books
- A novel (plotting it at present to get my structure right)
- A memoir
- Connecting with creatives I would like to collaborate with
- Helping develop diasporic Pacific products
- Fostering unity in diversity through the arts
- Tutoring and School Visits
- Continuing to develop my professional skills
I have shared a lot of writing online for over ten years, and now need much more dedicated time to collate, develop and edit much of this into beautiful books and films or digital stories of all kinds.
After a reflection on the weekend of everything I want to still do I realise the need to redirect my efforts and stop longing so much to finish my first novel and get on and do it!
I will still be back to blog from time to time on the progress of any of the above and let you know as each project or creative product launches, but hope you will understand I will be holding a lot more direct creative work back and need to reallocate my time.
I might have a few guests from time to time that I would just love for you to meet, but it will only be when the spirit moves me and is it fits into the various tasks above.
Part of the reason for this changing my direction and time spent blogging is contained in the following recent guest blog , which I invite you to read and comment on:
And to read about what I feel this whole journey on social media has done to enrich my creative life read this blog:
Do feel free to look back through the blogs. And to fellow bloggers stopping by, I will visit you when I can – and have loved connecting with you, especially many poets and creatives in isolated areas.
Thanks as always for your support and all the best for your creative efforts in your life as well,